We are currently not accepting any more small grant proposals.
First 1,000 Days Small Grants
Cattanach are delighted to be working on behalf of another funder to provide small grants of between £5,000 to £7,500 per year for work with infants/babies and their carers during the first 1,000 days of a child’s life.
What are the grants for?
The grants are for organisations focused on work with infants/babies and their carers during the first 1,000 days of a child’s life.
Who can apply?
Community-based groups providing support to children aged 0-2 in Scotland.
What is the grant duration?
Funding will be awarded for one or two years, depending on the context of the individual organisations and services.
What are the specific grant criteria?
There are three key award criteria:
- Programmes must be delivered with children and families from birth to two years of age (funding cannot be used to support pre-natal work or work with older children).
- Programmes must be delivered in Scotland.
- Applicants should be not-for-profit community-based organisations (registered charitable status is not required).
Further criteria that will guide awards are:
- Programmes working within communities or among families who experience significant disadvantage and whose services are accessed by those who need them most.
- Organisations which acknowledge or address a holistic range of factors and circumstances which play a key role in the first 1,000 days. These factors might include (but are not limited to) attachment, nutrition and early learning opportunities, while circumstances might include (but are not limited to) poverty and parental mental health.
- Organisations which build relationships with their users and are responsive to the needs of their users. This can include user involvement in the delivery and design of services.
How to apply
If you are interested in submitting a proposal for a First 1,000 Days Small Grant, please tell us a bit about your organisation and your work. Our Team will be in touch as soon as possible.